“A good teacher is like a candle. It consumes itself to light the way for others.”
Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
I know you are a GREAT teach! How do I know? It’s because you are here, which means you’ve been searching for content, ideas and/or inspiration in your own time. That’s what great teachers do! That light inside you is a passion. It’s a passion that can take over your life. It can become difficult to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Welcome! I’m Kim Maloney, creator of MusicTeacherResources. My objective is to provide you with a range of quality, classroom-ready resource. Resources for busy teachers who want the best for their students, and to spend more quality time with the people they love the most!
About Kim Maloney
Just a few of the things I enjoy most is my life…..
- Mountains rather than the beach
- Winter more than summer
- Nice quiet dinners (that I don’t cook…. I’m a shocking cook) and time spent with my family
- Planning for and travelling to new and interesting places around the globe
- Playing the piano or guitar and singing
- Working with my A’Cappella Choir
- My two beautiful huskies, Balto and Togo
- Receiving emails from amazing teachers like yourself who have taken the first steps to reclaiming valuable time for themselves and their family!
What my Working Day is Like…..
I have been teaching music privately and in high schools and colleges for over…… well…., many years. My main areas of teaching in the classroom are general music, guitar and vocals/choir. Currently, I am teaching composition and music history to senior tertiary students, the Music Industry course, two General Music units and a Vocal unit. I am also responsible for the annual College musical (producer, musical director and vocal coach) and I run an extra-curricular SATB A’ Capella choir.
Life is VERY busy and full of music and I love it!
FREE Resource Library
While you’re here I’d love to invite you to join the MTR Email Club. This gives you access to a free library full of activity sheets and other resources that I’ve created especially for music teachers! Start getting that work/life balance back in order!
POPULAR Posts worth checking out!
- Tips to Gain Students Attention
- Setting Goals in the Music Classroom
- 40 Concert Theme Ideas
- Keyboard Diagrams to Download